Thursday, February 10, 2011

"JOY OF LOVE" - DAY TEN

Day Ten of the "Joy of Love" Photography class was to capture...

"Space - Where They are Comfortable"

My husband doesn't have a favorite chair, and I know there was no way he would allow me to capture him on the toilet (LOL!!). And, his truly most comfortable space is not attainable for photographing... a Deer Stand, so I had to go with where I think he is most comfortable - the Kitchen. My husband loves to cook, and he is very good at it. At the end of a long day, working on dinner helps him unwind. He also loves cooking for our friends and sharing with them dishes from his hometown of New Orleans.

Since he's at work and, truth be told, it would be hard to capture him whipping something up because our kitchen is so small, I decided to just take pics of the space. I wanted to work on the tips that Kelly presented in her video about how to shoot in "Manual" mode.
I focused on ISO, and shutter speed. I had my kit lens on the camera for these shots, so the aperature was somewhere around 5.
I took this shot from up in our loft, which overlooks our first floor.
It's amazing, with just those few little easy tips Kelly taught me, how much better my photos look.

Here's some of the Yumminess my husband loves to prepare... Fried Shrimp Po'Boys. I took this picture a year ago. Even though I didn't really know what I was doing, I think it's a pretty good shot.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails