Saturday, April 30, 2011

PAPER FLOWER BOUQUET

What do you think of my Beautiful Shades of White Paper Flower Bouquet?
The idea kind of all came about when I found the Gorgeous Green Glass Vase at the thrift store. Then, I saw the Q-Tips Flowers at Homemade Ginger. I thought they kind of looked like Dandelions, which is the floral mascot of my Blog and Etsy shop.
She was inspired by "Display" flowers she had seen at Anthropologie, and pretty much copied them exactly. My "Dandelions" are different, in that I didn't colorized them.
Then, a few months ago, the "Kissing Balls" were all over Blogland. I knew right away, when I first saw them, that I wanted to make some, but didn't know for what purpose. When my bouquet started to "formulate" in my head, I knew these Pomanders from Whipperberry would be perfect.
I went on the total cheap for these flowers, in that I used heavy weight computer paper, and used my Cricut to cut all the flowers rather than using a punch.
I now had two great flowers to work with, so my first thoughts were that my entire bouquet would be made up of just them... but then, I saw these Amazing Daisies over at Thrive.
She made hers using dried up baby wipes and burlap for the center. I used paper towels and rolled felt that I had cut with pinking shears.
Even though I really liked the basically monochromatic white scheme, I wanted to add a little more color to the overall arrangement. A few weeks ago, I had seen this darling Pinwheel garland at Peppermint Plum, and knew Pinwheels would be the perfect little touch of whimsy that my bouquet needed.
Using some left over scrapbook paper in green and white polka dots and little white pom-poms for the centers, I made three small Pinwheels.

Now, be sure to check back next weekend to see why exactly I created this bouquet...

and why my blogging posts have been so few and far between as of late.

I'm linking up here... be sure to go visit these linky parties to see a bunch of really awesome projects.


This project was Featured here...

3 comments:

Jaimee @ Havenwood House of Boys said...

This is darling! I can't believe those awesome dandelions are made of q-tips! The pinwheels are the perfect touch, too : )
Jaimee @ craft-interrupted.blogspot.com

Vanessa @ {nifty thrifty things} said...

This is SO cute! What a great idea!
I would love it if you shared this at my linky party @ {nifty thrifty sunday}!
xoxo,
Vanessa

Unknown said...

funky and fun! love it!!!! & a wonderful way to re-use things around the house!

Related Posts with Thumbnails