Friday, November 12, 2010

MY MAYFLOWER

Last Friday, over at The Pink Peony of Le Jardin, I saw Robyn's creation of The Mayflower after she was inspired by seeing Pottery Barn's version. After I saw that, I just knew I wanted to try to make one. I loved the fact that she used a bamboo placemat for the ship, but I had to use what I already had, so I dug into my scrapbook paper supply.

Here's my version...
I did however, go out and buy the blue glass rocks. I had this vision of the ship being in the water and beached at Plymouth Rock.
I had a pair of linen pants, that I had attempted to make probably 15 years ago, that I cut up and used for the sails.
After looking at some pictures on the internet, I knew I wanted to have some Port Holes.

Someday, when I just whip something up, I'll try to make the effort to record the step-by-step process so I can do a tutorial.
I love how the glass beads are creating a reflection like water on the side of the boat. Do you think my "Plymouth Rock" is corny?

I also found these two little pilgrims at the Dollar store. I think they totally add to my little historical moment.

I'm linking up here. Go check them all out to see all the other incredible creations.
Join  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend     wrap    up           party!UndertheTableandDreaming mmm buttongiveawaysCatch a Glimpse button


This project was Featured here...
UndertheTableandDreamingA Glimpse Inside featured button

14 comments:

Gwen @ Gwenny Penny said...

I love your sails! Beautiful job!

Aimee said...

I love it! I'm glad your pants went for a good cause after all this time.

Robyn said...

Kristol,
It's fantastic! The sails are spectacular and I love the creativity involved in using materials that you already had on hand! VERy creative! Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

Very cute idea! Love the blue rocks for the water. Have a great weekend!

Mandy said...

I think this is a cute idea! I have a 2 yr old boy, so making something like this would be fun for me and him!

Cheryl @ a pretty cool life. said...

Wow! Great job!

Baezamama said...

very cute! I also saw the original mayflower blog post and thought about trying it!

kayellen said...

Ahoy!! What an adorable project~~~I love it!!

Smiles,
Kay Ellen

jeana said...

Really great project! It's wonderful!

Sandra said...

That is a great Mayflower vignette for Thanksgiving...I like your Plymouth Rock too!

Stephanie Lynn @Under the Table and Dreaming said...

Hi Kristol, I love this - how adorable! The PB pic has been in my inspiration file for quite sometime and I love what you came up with! Thanks so much for joining the Sunday Showcase Party - I greatly appreciate it. I have featured this today - Stop by and grab a featured button if you like. Hope you are enjoying your week. ~ Stephanie Lynn

Unknown said...

love this one!! so cool.

anyways...

I just awarded you with the Stylish Blogger Award.
Come on over to pick it up!
http://thebirdspapaya.blogspot.com/2010/11/this-is-one-fun-way-to-get-award.html

Allison {A Glimpse Inside} said...

This is so cool! Fabulous job!! Love it!

Thanks so much for linking up! :)

Jen @ EmbellishingLifeEveryday said...

I love this!! Being a paper girl at heart, I love that you used your scrapbook supply! I'll be featuring it tonight during the catwalk!

Related Posts with Thumbnails