Saturday, November 6, 2010

MY IMAGINATION WAS BIGGER THAN MY MANTLE

You know the old saying..."my eyes were bigger than my stomach" - meaning, you got way more food than you could eat. Well, rather than having the problem of over-eating, I have the problem of over-CRE-ating. My imagination was WAY bigger than my mantle.

I've been wanting to do a Holiday Bunting Banner, so yesterday, while my hubby had the kiddos, I went to Hobby Lobby and got everything I would need to make one. Then, last night after my youngest went to bed, I started working on it. Due to the fact that I took some Excedrin Migraine at 2:30 that afternoon, I was up until 2:00 finishing it. (Caffeine and I are not friends when consumed after noon).

Anyway, back to the Bunting Banner. Here it is!! What do you think?
My mantle is just not. quite. big. enough. Actually, my mantle is normal size, my bunting is just way. too. oversized. My triangles are 9.5" long and the lettering is 5". What the heck was I thinking? I definitely could have gone a lot smaller and saved a lot of money on paper.
Speaking of paper, isn't it gorgeous? I am TOTALLY in to shades of Grey as of late, so when I found the paisley floral pattern, I was in love. I pulled out the burnt orange and the charcoal, and I just absolutely love it. Probably not normally a color choice of this said Holiday, but so what.
I wanted to do something a little different, so I went with the Tres Gobble.
I wanted to get a full shot of the fireplace, and while doing so, someone thought they needed to be included. That's my youngest, Grey. I know, how crazy is that, given my latest color obsession.


Happy Thanksgiving, and... GOBBLE ON

I'm linking up here. Go check out all the other incredible creations...
UndertheTableandDreaming
mmm button giveaways
BWS tips buttonA Glimpse Inside featured button Join  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend     wrap    up           party!

This project was featured here...
UndertheTableandDreamingmmm button
Sassy Sanctuary
BWS tips button


19 comments:

Allison {A Glimpse Inside} said...

I love it! So cute! I haven't made any bunting yet but have always wanted too.

Penny said...

Kristi, it looks wonderful!! I love your colors. I am liking gray also. I had to paint one of my bathrooms gray. Fantastic job! I have not tried to make bunting but you have inspired me to try. Thanks for posting!

Lynzi said...

Love it all! Great job!!! :)

Something Special said...

I think it looks great with your fireplace and not to over powering at all. I really like it. Fun to have found your blog.

Krystal said...

It is SO great! I completely love it. I'm going to feature it on next weeks inspiration file post so watch for it. Great job and thanks for the link!

the cape on the corner said...

that is so cute and creative. i like that you used gobbles as your "saying". i love the papers and the colors, just wonderful!

www.thecapeonthecorner.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I think it turned out great! It doesn't look to big.

Thanks so much for linking up to SS!

Hannah @ http://youngancrafty.blogspot.com/

Chris said...

You can't really go wrong with a gorgeous fireplace like that! I think the garland looks perfect! Love it!

Stephanie Lynn @Under the Table and Dreaming said...

Kristol I love this! Simply fabulous. I featured these today - stop by and grab a featured button if you like! Thanks so much for linking to The Sunday Showcase - I greatly appreciate it. Hope you have a wonderful week! ~ Stephanie Lynn

Larissa@Just Another Day in Paradise said...

This is a great garland and looks awesome on that big stone fireplace. I just emailed you about the blue wreath. I have enjoyed looking through your blog!

tt.scraps said...

Gorgeous even if it is a bit big!!

Liz said...

A. Maze. Ing. Love it!

Unknown said...

You might think it is big....I think it's perfectly wonderful. Love the paper, what nice combination's!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love it! I think it looks perfect ;o)

Crafty Mommy Diva said...

Love it! Great neutral background paper that goes well with the stonework. Love the saying too! Thanks for linking up to Scrappy Saturdays! Featuring this later today!

Chantal said...

Fantastic bunting. Great idea!

KJ@letsgoflyakite said...

Gorgeous bunting and wonderful spot for photos of the kids.

Hanna said...

This is so cute. You have a lovely blog. I am your newest follower! You can find me at www.bouffeebambini.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Just thought I would comment and say great theme, did you code it for yourself? Really looks excellent!

Related Posts with Thumbnails