Monday, December 12, 2011

HILLBILLY WINEGLASSES

It's that time of year again... my neighborhood Christmas Bunco Night. Every year, all of us ladies always have a little something to give to each other at the December Bunco. Last year, I was all about Yumminess (Salted Caramel Cupcakes in a Jar), but this year I wanted to go the Silly but Functional route. Through my adventures on Pinterest, I am currently all about making my own cake stands using a plate, a candlestick and the proper glue. So with those inspirations swirling around in my head, I thought I could use that same concept to create something for my friends. I had seen these on FB a while ago, and decided this is what I would make...

Hillbilly Wineglasses...
Mason Jar glued to a glass candlestick. How hilarious is that?

I already had the proper glue - E6000, so I was off to the Dollar Tree for the candlesticks, then to Walmart for the pint sized Ball Mason Jars.
After following some sound advice that I got from Linda at Craftaholics Anonymous and her Facebook followers, I set about making 12 of these.
Their advice included: 1). be sure jar and candlestick are clean and dry, 2). sanding the top of the candlestick seems to help with adhesion, and 3). a little bit of glue goes a long way.
It really was a very easy process. To complete the gifts, I made these cute little tags with the little mason jar using my Cricut. I added a few sweets, and I placed some Christmas colored paper in the lids.


I hope they all liked them. Normally, before we start playing for the evening, we all open our little goodies. But not this year. So I was a little disappointed to not be able to see their reactions. Hopefully they all got a good little chuckle.

I'm linking up here...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails