So... I had this vision....
If you saw my previous Halloween Inspiration post, then you know I am in love with the Candy Corn Tree I originally saw here. With that idea in mind, I thought I could make a Candy Corn Twig Wreath. I live in the woods so sticks and twigs are abundant. This is my attempt.
I had the twig wreath from a local raffle that I had won a few weeks ago. Before I used it for this project, it was covered in obnoxious silk daffodills... basically it was U.G.L.Y. So it was begging for a re-do. It knew it was ugly, and it wanted to be pretty.
Well, I don't know that it is now pretty, but it's definitely different. I collected some small branches from our woods and tucked them into the twig form. Then to secure them somewhat into place, I haphazardly (sp?) wrapped rope around them and the wreath.
Then I went to town with my glue gun, adhering candy corn to all the branch and limb ends (question... are they really limbs when they're that tiny?)
Let me know your thoughts on whether you think this project was a success or disaster.
UPDATE: This is hanging outside on a North facing wall. However, this morning (10.9.10), when it got hit by a little bit of sun, the candies started to melt. Also, the bees LOVE it. So, if any of you out there want to give this a try, you might want to hang it inside or make sure it gets no direct sunlight. I don't know if spraying the candies with some kind of sealant would help, but actually, not sure if that would even be worth it. This is definitely not something that can be saved for use next year... it's a yearly project.
I'm linking up here. Go check it out to see all the other great ideas.
I guess it worked and you all loved it, because I was Featured...