Saturday, March 19, 2011

A BUNNY'S PEDESTAL

And what exactly is a "Bunny's Pedestal", you ask? Well I'll show...
but first let me introduce you to the bunnies.

Are these not the cutest little bunny rabbits you've ever seen?
I found them at Joann's, and thought they were just too adorable to pass up.
I knew I wanted to make them part of my Easter decor, but because of their miniature stature, they would need something to help them have more presence.

I had recently made a custom purse for a customer from my Etsy shop, and used this beautiful quatrefoil patterned fabric. So that was my jumping off point. I rifled through my other craft supplies and came up with these components...
fabric, chipboard, 1" wood beads, and some pom-pom trim I pulled off an old gift bag.

The first thing I did, was to glue the wood beads together.
Then I cut out six circles from the chip board.
I cut the two largest circles the same size - they would become the top of the pedestal. The other four were progressively smaller - they would become the base of the pedestal. I made the initial cut with my Fiskars cutting tool, but due to the thickness of the chipboard, I had to finish the cuts with a pair of scissors. ( I could have done this much easier with my Cricut, but I have yet to purchase a deep-cutting blade).
Because I didn't have a clean edge from the scissors' cut, I sanded down the edges a little.
Then I glued the four smaller circles together to create a little dimension to the pedestal's base.
Then I glued the wood bead stack to the base.
After gluing the two larger circles together, I glued them to the top of the stack.
I traced around the top circles onto the fabric, and cut it out.
Now, all the steps above were done about a week ago. Then, my poor little unfinished pedestal, had to sit around and wait for the weather to get warmer, so the next step could be completed.

Finally, yesterday, the temperature got above 65, and my little pedestal got a couple coats of white spray paint.

Then today, I completed the final steps. First I got out the Mod Podge...
and glued the fabric to the top...
then applied a coat of Mod Podge on top of the fabric to act as a sealant.
Once that dried, it was time to add the pom-pom trim.
Using fabric glue, I ran a bead of glue around the thin
edge of the chipboard and attached the trim.

Tah-Dah... A Bunny's Pedestal!

Don't they look cute and happy up on their little perch?

I can't wait to put together my Easter decor and set them in a Place of Honor.

I think after the holiday, this will also make a perfect little Cupcake Stand.

I'm linking up here... be sure to there and visit and see all the other awesome ideas.
UndertheTableandDreamingcraftgiveaways
Catch a Glimpse Button

This Project was Featured here...
featured button



6 comments:

Beth@Wiccan Make Some Too said...

Wickedly adorable! I love the Bunnies & their pedestal.

Christine said...

This is so darn cute!

Unknown said...

I seriously love this! Definitely bookmarking this one!

Allison {A Glimpse Inside} said...

Very cute! Those bunnies are adorable and that little stand it perfect for them! Thanks for linking up!

The Autocrat: Haley said...

They are adorable! And the pom pom fringe is the perfect touch!

Allie said...

I found you on A Glimpse Inside! This bunny pedestal is so great! Genius way to make it, too!! I have that green quatrefoil fabric,too! I just used it to make a spring onesie dress. It's perfect for your project. This makes me want to decorate for Easter. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails