Friday, June 20, 2014

FATHER'S DAY 2014

This year for Father's Day, we decided to get a little crafty.  Ever since I started my addiction to Pinterest, I have been seeing "Sharpie" art on Coffee Mugs, so I thought this would be the perfect time to give it a try.

First, I found these fabulous mugs at Walmart.  From everything I read, cheap mugs work best.

Then after gathering my collection of Sharpies, I let the boys go to town - using their creativity and imagination.

We completed the artwork on a Thursday, and then did the baking the following Monday (had to wait for days that Daddy wasn't home).  Which worked out great, because the tutorials I had read said to wait at least 24 hours before putting them in the oven.

Here are the completed mugs (before baking).

*Note:  After the baking process, the colors did fade.  Everything done in black was fine, the colors - not so much.

Then this is how we packaged them.  

I had seen this idea, but with a necktie.  Well, their daddy doesn't wear neckties, he wears bow ties - so that's what we did!  And then, I had to add buttons, of course.

Daddy LOVED his new Special Coffee Mugs from his boys!!

These are the tips that I followed for this project.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails