Friday, October 28, 2011

FREEZER PAPER STENCIL

Finally, I used Freezer Paper to make a Stencil. Since I started following craft blogs a little over a year ago, I've been seeing tons of projects using this method. Well, it was about time I tried it.

My husband is from New Orleans and loves NFL Football, so needless to say, he is a HUGE Saints Fan. So every year (since our oldest has been born) he buys each of our boys either a team jersey or a t-shirt for them to wear on Game Day. In our house, during football season (EVERY. SINGLE. WEEKEND.), we ALL (me included) have to sport Team Colors - Purple and Gold on Saturdays for the LSU Tigers, and Black and Gold on Sundays for the Saints. AND, we have to have Multiple options. Why you ask? Because my husband is a STRONG believer in Gris Gris!! If the outcome of a game is not looking good, the Gris Gris MUST be changed!! Shirts either have to be switched or turned inside out. I've witnessed my husband, during the course of one game, go through three or four shirts. Like during the Super Bowl in 2010, we ALL ended the game with our shirts on inside out... and it worked - the SAINTS WON!!

Yeah I know, that's Crazy... but my husband Truly Believes!!

Anyway, back to the craft. That's why you're here, right? So, since the boys have to have Options, and we haven't gotten around to ordering new shirts this season, I thought I would make them one.

I found some Black long sleeved t-shirts at Walmart for $3, and got Gold fabric paint at Hobby Lobby. For the stencil, I took one of the hubby's shirts with the Fleur-de-lis design on it. I stuck it on the copy machine, made a copy, then enlarged the copy, then cut it out, then traced around it on the Freezer Paper (twice), then cut the shape out of the Freezer Paper (twice), then followed basic instructions for doing the stencil (twice).

Whew, that was a lot of "thens"!!

So Quick, So Easy, So Cheap!!


I was able to make two shirts for way less than the price of just one Official Team shirt.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails