Monday, April 2, 2012

MODGE-PODGE SHOES

Check out my Cool new Shoes...
They started like this. Got them for $2 on Clearance from Walmart, last October for my Smurfette Costume - knowing I would use them eventually to do this project.
Well, Eventually finally came, and using a Fat Fabric Quarter and some Modge Podge, and after following this Tutorial, they turned into this...
I added the little decorative fabric rosettes for texture and interest.
I think they're really Cute and perfect for Spring.


HOWEVER, they are NOT comfortable :( I did not pay ENOUGH attention to the heel area on the left shoe, when I was wrapping the fabric over the edge and gluing to the inside. There is a build up of fabric, which rubs when I walk and REALLY hurts. So if you are going to try this easy little project, definitely take the time to make sure the curve at the heel is nice and smooth :)

1 comment:

Jenny @ An Apple for the Crafter said...

These are very cute. I wanted to tell you about a product that I sweat by! They have band aids that are cushiony and especially for blisters. I use them to prevent blisters when I wear shoes that tend to rub, but they are also life savers after a blister has appeared. I carry them with me everywhere. Here is a link that will show you what to look for:http://www.hospitalsoup.com/test3/wp-content/uploads/blisterbandagescompare_thumb.jpg

Hopefully those help!

Related Posts with Thumbnails