Tuesday, July 27, 2010

SEWING TOOL CADDY

I've been doing a lot of sewing projects lately, so I need to have my necessary tools easily accessible. My designated craft space is located in our upstairs loft, and is now currently shared with our home office... not really a whole lot of space left for sewing. Even though I store all my sewing supplies up there, I do the actual sewing at the dining room table. So, I needed a way to easily transport everything down the treacherous spiral staircase.
Last week, using some left-over fabric from my Pretty Woman dress (ladies of the 80's... remember that dress?), I whipped up this cute little Sewing Tool Caddy.
It rolls up and is lined with fleece, so it has a little bit of padding.

And now I can just grab my Tool Caddy and head down (or up) the spiral staircase without trying to juggle 10 different tools and keep from falling.

I'm sure there are all kinds of versions of this idea out there in the Cyber world, but it came to me one morning, so I made it. If I were to make another one, I would make it taller, longer and some of the pockets a little wider. But overall, it does what I need it to do.

Maybe this will inspire you to create something on a whim.

1 comment:

Peek at My Paper said...

very cute Kristol!
:)
sew crafty!

bren

Related Posts with Thumbnails